When you visit the flovtec websites the web server automatically registers details of your visit (e.g. your IP address, the website you are visiting us from and the flovtec website you are visiting, including the date and duration of your visit). Tracking data is used to optimise the offering on the flovtec websites and to provide information on how you inform yourself about our products and services and how you use these. However, it does not allow you to be identified; no personal data is processed in this respect.
If you provide us with your personal data (such as your name, gender, address, e-mail, telephone or fax number) via the flovtec website using a form or another method, flovtec may use this data for the following purposes:
- Customer and user administration;
- Internal marketing purposes and to inform you of our services and products;
- Technical administration and further development of the flovtec websites.
By providing us with your personal details, you are consenting to the use of same for the above-mentioned purposes.
flovtec takes physical, electronic and process-specific security precautions in order to transmit and store your personal data in a protected environment. This includes, for instance, the use of firewalls, personal passwords as well as encryption and authentication technologies. All appropriate measures are taken to ensure that access to personal data is limited to employees and service providers who need to have access to this data in terms of the aforementioned purposes. The employees and service providers are obligated to treat the information confidentially and to only use it for the purposes that you have provided the information for. Your data are only disclosed to other third parties if this is mandatory based on statutory or regulatory provisions.
Information on the use of Google Analytics
The website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the USA. Google will use this information for the purpose of analysing your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the data on Google's behalf. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can prevent the installation of cookies by changing the relevant setting in your browser software; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data collected about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Data transmission security
When you visit flovtec websites your data is transmitted via the Internet over an open network accessible to anyone. Data which you communicate to us or have communicated by us by means of electronic media (for example e-mail) are not encrypted as a rule. This entails the following risks:
- Even if the sender and recipient are located in Switzerland, data can be transmitted abroad in an uncontrolled manner to areas where there may be no data privacy comparable to that in Switzerland.
- The sender's identity (e.g. email) as well as the content of the message can be simulated or manipulated in any other manner by unauthorised persons.
- Electronic communications can contain harmful programs or malicious software (malware) that is executed when the message is read and can lead to major damage. We recommend that you use the latest browser versions and install anti-virus software with automatic updates to protect against viruses.
- The information exchange may be delayed or interrupted as a result of transmission errors, technical faults, interruptions, disruptions, illegal interferences, network overload, deliberate blockage of the network by third parties or other shortcomings.